Test & Learn for Sites™
APT’s Test and Learn for Sites™ enables large, consumer-focused companies to accurately understand the impact of new ideas and tailor them to maximize profits. Test and Learn for Sites™ is the most advanced turnkey test management solution that helps organizations efficiently design and execute tests to analyze a variety of strategic and tactical programs. Organizations that have institutionalized Test & Learn™ to rapidly and accurately evaluate high-potential ideas generate millions of dollars in incremental profits.
APT Value Creation
Test & Learn for Sites™ enables retail executives to answer specific questions about any idea or initiative prior to rollout, such as:
What impact will this initiative have on my results – revenues, profits, investment returns, market share, etc.?
Test & Learn for Sites™ enables companies to evaluate new ideas with low-cost, low-risk, in-market tests across a broad range of issues, including:
- Operations and HR investments
- Remodels and capital improvements
For any proposed new initiative, Test & Learn for Sites™ allows leading retailers to run multiple tests at once and yields rapid, reliable answers that drive consumer insight and long-term corporate value.
Will the initiative have a larger impact on some stores than others? What is the predicted impact by store and by market, and can I design a rollout program that maximizes returns?
Test & Learn for Sites™ allows executives to quantify the impact of new initiatives by region and segment. Using Test & Learn for Sites™, companies can:
- Predict which capital expenditure will be most successful in which locations
- Determine whether the BOGO, “Two for $50,” or “Spend $50, Get $5 Off” promotion is the most profitable
- Identify which stores have seen the most benefit from a recent manager training program
- Optimize shrink reduction strategies by store or by market
- Quantify the impact of various in-store product placement strategies
- Identify how locations are performing vs. potential overall and by category
- Specify which operational shortfalls are creating performance gaps
- Create a “Winners Profile” for locations in your network
- Quantify the cannibalization impact of both in-network and competitive changes
What value is created by the individual components of the initiative? Can the initiative be engineered before rollout to maximize its value?
Test & Learn for Sites™ uses built-in pattern recognition and optimization technology to automatically seek out segmentation and targeting opportunities in order to maximize the ROI of any action. It is built on the reality that most new business ideas are neither all success nor all failure — they tend to work well in certain situations but may not in others. In each analysis, the APT software automatically examines every element of data available about each location and looks for correlations between a location's performance and its other characteristics. Items with the highest correlation are presented to the analyst for review.