APT Index Overview
The APT Index software solution aggregates retail and restaurant sales data from over 100,000 locations across the United States to generate a hyper-local benchmark of economic activity. The APT Index provides custom benchmarks for each store or restaurant to provide decision-makers with an understanding of their “true comps,” adjusted for uncontrollable factors, such as weather, sporting events, and economic trends. The software helps retailers and restaurants set accurate performance goals, explain performance to investors, and understand the impact of national programs.
- Performance Benchmarking: Are some locations really over- or under- performing or is their performance due to what’s happening in their local area?
- National Initiatives: How does our performance, relative to our local index, vary when we run a national ad campaign?
- Management Reporting & Investor Relations: During a particularly cold winter, how does our network perform compared to the local environment? Despite a decrease in comps, are we actually outperforming our local index?
- Granularity: APT provides daily index values for the local market surrounding each location.
- Accuracy: The APT Index includes a subset of APT’s $2 trillion in sales data, collected from sales registers at over 100,000 locations with nearly no delay.
- Speed & Scalability: Users receive standard weekly one-click reports with approximately one-week latency, accessible across the organization through APT’s software.
- Actionable Insights: APT automatically identifies weekly drivers of high and low performance, such as weather and demographic factors, to help inform business decisions.
Users can be up and running with the APT Index as quickly as a few weeks and gain immediate insights.
Companies need to provide a one-time transfer of daily POS or T-Log data in its existing format for all locations in the network and a list of network location addresses or latitudes and longitudes.