Be part of the Technology Team at APT
Associate Product Manager Interns (APM Interns) work as part of our product teams, playing a meaningful role in developing and executing APT's product vision. On the software side: APMs drive products and features from conception to release, working closely with UX designers, software engineers, and quality assurance engineers to build analytically sophisticated and intuitive products. On the business side: APMs assist in client delivery, partnering with consultants, sales & marketing, and APT's clients to maximize our impact on some of the world's largest companies in retail, banking, restaurants, insurance, and other industries.
Our internship program provides you with hands-on work experience, allowing you to grow your problem-solving and analytical skillsets. The internship program is designed to give you an opportunity to make a big impact by contributing to the APT mission, empowering organizations to make data-driven decisions using our software. As an intern at APT, you will work on teams that build revolutionary products to advance how businesses all over the world seize the most value from their data. Following a week of introductory training, you will start contributing to your teams right away and quickly become a key part of APT. Throughout the internship, you will have the opportunity to explore the local surroundings and participate in a number of social events, including a Segway tour, bowling, an office-wide hackathon, kayaking, and much more!
Make an Impact as an Associate Product Manager Intern
As an APM Intern, you will manage the development of one or several analytic products serving a wide breadth of industries. APT's diverse suite of products enables APMs to work on a variety of exciting projects, including:
- User research - You will lead the discovery phase of new features. What business problems are users trying to tackle? How are they doing that today, both in our software and externally? What are their biggest pain points with that process, and how can we design a product which best helps them?
- Prioritization - You will partner with roles across the organization including consultants, engineering, and sales to determine the highest priority problems to solve.
- Solution Scoping - You will evaluate trade-offs between many possible solutions to a problem, taking into account usability, technical feasibility, client timelines, and differing stakeholder opinions to make a decision.
- Release Management - APT believes in an agile approach to software development, so APMs break large features into smaller, releasable milestones to collect feedback from users as early as possible. You will be responsible for evangelizing releases to users, incorporating feedback, and tracking usage to inform future development.
APMs also dive deeper into:
- Analytic Investigations - We are an analytics company. APMs partner with engineers and consultants to develop innovate analytic solutions to complex business problems.
- Design Projects - At APT, design isn't left just to UX designers. Together with designers, APMs create mockups for features, overhaul existing designs, and institute innovative UX paradigms.
- Product Marketing - APMs collaborate with sales & marketing to craft the best way to communicate the value of our products to potential clients.
How will I do that?
As an APM, you will sit and work with small, cross-functional engineering teams dedicated to one or more of APT's products.
- You will work with the team to define a vision, establish team culture and processes, and create functional requirements and designs.
- Given our emphasis on agile development, you will share ideas early, collaborate with teammates, and rapidly incorporate new feedback and ideas.
- You will quickly develop skills in universally-used software such as SQL and R, and gain experience in industry-standard software like InVision, Splunk, and the Atlassian suite.
- You will stay engaged throughout the feature life cycle, bridging gaps between designers, engineers, consultants, and users.
What does this mean for me?
APMs grow rapidly in their careers, receiving mentorship from senior leaders and taking advantage of the diverse opportunities APT offers:
- Grow as a product leader by owning team direction and evangelizing the product vision throughout the organization
- From day one, learn to make tough decisions that have a significant impact on APT's products and users
- Work closely with several roles including UX designers, software engineers, quality assurance engineers, and consultants
- Craft an ideal work environment by helping shape team processes and culture
- Gain experience in a variety of skills from data analysis to design and focus on areas which interest you most
- Gain a deep understanding of intricate business processes across clients and industries
Bring your Passion and Expertise
APMs are effective communicators, skilled multi-taskers, and highly organized with an acute attention to detail. APMs have a strong interest in problem solving, good business sense, and an eagerness to learn. APMs are passionate about technology and software, think critically about design, and they can readily list 5 improvements they would make to their favorite app or website. Prior software and/or product management experience is a plus.