Be part of the Technology Team at APT
QA Engineering Interns are responsible for ensuring great products and analytics for our users. At APT, QA Engineering Intern work directly alongside software engineers, product managers, and user experience designers in small teams and are deeply engaged throughout the entire development process. QA Engineers are involved every step of the way, guaranteeing the highest quality product and fastest possible software delivery.
Our internship program provides you with hands-on work experience, allowing you to grow your problem-solving and analytical skillsets. The internship program is designed to give you an opportunity to make a big impact by contributing to the APT mission, empowering organizations to make data-driven decisions using our software. As an intern at APT, you will work on teams that build revolutionary products to advance how businesses all over the world seize the most value from their data. Following a week of introductory training, you will start contributing to your teams right away and quickly become a key part of APT. Throughout the internship, you will have the opportunity to explore the local surroundings and participate in a number of social events, including a Segway tour, bowling, an office-wide hackathon, kayaking, and much more!
Make an Impact as a Quality Assurance Engineer Intern
QA Engineer Interns come from a variety of backgrounds and bring their statistical, technical, and critical problem-solving skills to overcome APT engineering challenges. They quickly become familiar with SQL Server, RStudio, Selenium, Visual Studio, Splunk and many other tools that are utilized regularly and work with teammates to innovate team processes, expand the definition of 'Quality', and develop ownership around the product. Currently at APT, QA Engineers take on additional leadership, including being product development Team Leads, Product Support Liaisons with international offices, sharing at Product Development brown bag sessions, and participating in supplemental teams called QualiTeams.
QA Engineer Interns at APT work towards answering a wide variety of questions and solving unique challenges:
- Are the calculations correct in all possible circumstances?
- Is the software fast despite huge data volumes?
- Does a new feature interact with existing functionality? How?
- Do all users, regardless of statistical background, have a great user-experience?
- How can APT better understand users through automated logging?
- How do we maintain the user experience of the software across languages?
- Can testing be automated as much as possible?
Bring your Passion and Expertise
What we're excited about:
- Consistently learning new technologies
- Ability to thrive on small, highly collaborative project teams
- Team first attitude, dedicated to team success
- Solving open-ended problems
- Ability to demonstrate analytical / quantitative aptitude
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Communicating complex problems and solutions to other engineers users of the software