About the Position
APT is seeking a Network Engineer for our Arlington, VA headquarters office. This individual will work with an experienced management team in a dynamic technology oriented company. The successful applicants will have the opportunity to build a long-term and exciting career in a rapidly growing organization.
What will you be contributing to?
The Network Engineer is responsible for configuration, evolution, maintenance, and security of APT’s enterprise networks in support of global corporate office, data center production systems, and cloud infrastructure. This individual will have a direct impact in APT’s global expansion.
The Network Engineer will deploy technologies for LAN/WAN, specifically including:
- Cisco IOS, IOS XE, ASA
- L2L and client access VPNs
- Network flow and SNMP
- L2/L3 switching on 3750, 4500, 3850, Nexus
- Situational troubleshooting -- potentially requires the analysis of many network devices and data points
- Performs documentation, verification, and implementation of changes on a live production network
- Work within a Windows environment and should have a solid understanding of Active Directory networking
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- 3-6 years of experience as a Network Engineer/Administrator role, with at least 2 years of experience installing, configuring, and maintaining network and Windows environment
- 4 year Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Prior hands on experience with production environment, ideally in support of data center facilities and cloud infrastructure (Azure preferred)
- Experience with Cisco networking devices and technologies, including Switches, Routers, OSPF, and VLANs
- Demonstrated independent problem solving and ability to assume leadership of resolution activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Should have independent interest to stay informed of developments and trends in the network field
- Cisco certifications (CCNA) preferred